Friday, December 19, 2008

The semester is over!


The semester is over! I finally finished the last final. I had three final exams this semester. The Topology final had eight problems and I had to choose six of them to complete. This was a good thing because there werw two of the problems that I couldn't figure out how to do. Then the Complex Analysis final was a lot easier because this final had way more problems than you actually had to do. There were about 700 or 800 points worth of problems on the test (each problem had a different point value) and you just had to do at least 400 points worth of problems. Also if you do more then incorrect answers don't count against you, so it provides a "buffer zone." (This is similar to what one of my old Computer Science professors did.) The Numerical Analysis final was the hardest because it didn't have any "skippable" problems. That one is the only one that I'm not sure how well I did - out of three problems on the test, I completed a total of 21/8 problems. (Two of the problems had four parts. On one of the problems I missed half of one part, on the other problem I missed a whole part because time ran out.)

1 comment:

Awesome in Arlington said...

Congrats on finishing your exams and have a great time in Vietnam!