Friday, December 5, 2008

What's this about a recession?

"Researchers at Harvard say that taking a power nap for an hour in the afternoon can totally refresh you. They say that by the time you wake up you'll feel so good, you'll be able to start looking for a new job."

- Jay Leno

---------------------------------------

I just learned that I have been offered a full-time job at Amazon.com as a Software Development Engineer for after I graduate. On December 11-14 I will be traveling over there in order to tour the campus, learn about what a great place Amazon is to work, and talk to different project teams to find out which ones I might want to work on.

I have also been offered an internship at the U.S. Census Bureau's Statistical Research Division to start sometime in January. There, I could quite possibly be working with some of the people responsible for the development of the "imputation" techniques that were the subject of a 2002 Supreme Court case.

1 comment:

Awesome in Arlington said...

Congrats on the job offer. And, let us know if they give you discounts :-)