Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not everyone has a dirty mind

I was telling Tanya today about the Capitol Steps performance I went to. The conversation was something like this:

Me: One of the Capitol Steps skits had Barack Obama asking Hillary Clinton if she was happy with her "new position", meaning secretary of state. Then Bill Clinton walks in and says, "New position? Did somebody say something about a new position? Why wasn't I told about this?"

Tanya: I get that joke. It makes sense. I was watching Hillary Clinton on TV, accepting the position as secretary of state, and I could just picture Bill Clinton walking up there, wanting that job.

Me: No, I think the joke was that he thought it was "new position" as in sexual position.

Tanya: Yeah, I guess that works too.

1 comment:

Nanette Goodman said...

To confirm the title of your post see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rToKEnySb7s